Hand-Stitched Vintage Scroll Bench with Storage, No. 4
We are absolutely thrilled to get our hands on this collection of extraordinary scroll top benches.
These bold pieces are a stunning showcase for the traditional hand-embroidered ralli quilts of the nomadic Saami tribe from Sindh, Pakistan. Ralli designs are very complex and are customarily passed down from mother to daughter; the quilts have layers of fabric or cotton which are firmly held together by thick coloured thread stitched in straight lines.
Each bench has been hand built and upholstered to carefully combine a vibrant collection of vintage tribal fabrics. The rich colours and patterns come together to create a kaleidoscopic piece of furniture. Lift the cushion to reveal secret storage - this versatile bench is as useful as it is beautiful!
Collected on travels through Pakistan by a well-connected funky dude who’s business motto is ‘good shit, good prices’, these are a rare find. Each one is completely unique and a perfect accent in a colourful home! Use it as seating at a dining table, at the foot of your bed or even in a hallway.
- Overall measurements: (H) 58 x (W) 114 x (D) 34 cm
- Storage space: (H) 10.5 x (W) 72.5 x (D) 26 cm
- Made from vintage cotton patchwork with wooden legs
- The legs are removed for shipping. Each one is numbered and screws firmly into the base - simple!
- Please note: this one is a biggie, so our large parcel UK shipping rate of £14.95 applies for this product. Or alternatively you can Click & Collect for FREE from our Manchester shop!